Junker Woland

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Persona 3 FES – Der Update


I hate myself, I really do.

My disgusting lack of conviction saw me handing the rosy-cheeked Gamestop cashier $30 (and driver’s license…apparently I’m still visually borderline on the old-enough-to-buy-mature-games scale) for a personally demoralizing copy of Persona 3 FES. I guess I can at least stand tall knowing I didn’t cave and buy the game twice, like certain US gamers undoubtedly did/will.

Ah well.

I only spent a slip of time with the title last night, running through the early introductory portion of the game so as to get it out of the way. Re-playing these inceptive areas (now in English) reminded me how much I wished Persona 3 had a snappier uptake, but all’s well once you break the crust and avail yourself of its meaty innards.

As an aside, I really dislike the English voices; so yes, I’m playing the game with voices turned off.

For those who’d like to tempt fate and chance a free copy of this quality title, head over to Joystiq and take part in their FES contest. You’ll need to leave a comment with a creative response to what “FES” stands for. I suggested “Fetid Equine Stool.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home